Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Appliqueing with your Sewing Machine
I do not do a ton of hand appliqueing, but if you do not have an embroidery machine... then this is the way to go.
Here are a few tips...
1. Use Iron On Stabilizer behind the t-shirt applique. This will prevent the shirt from stretching as you sew on your applique.
2. Cut out your design and arrange placement before you begin sewing.
3. Test on a separate piece of fabric for zigzag stitch width and length.
4. Use spray adhesive to hold fabric down onto the shirt while you sew.
5. Take your time! It can take a while so be patience with yourself and always have your seam ripper handy.
6. Start by doing designs with straight lines... avoid circle for your first applique attempts.